Hi Essential Living Foodies!
My fiancé Tina and I thought we would share with you our 2012 kick-off juice feast starting Wednesday, January 4th 2012.
It's basically a 7-10 day green juice Feast with some protein supplementation.
All you need is a juicer and a lot of organic produce and some protein powder like Essential Living Foods' Vegan Protein Blend.
So here is our plan:
• Wake up!
• Drink 32 oz of warm water with (1) whole lemon juiced into it.
• Take 4oz of Coconut Water Kefir (make your own using a starter kit or purchase it pre-made). Add 1 tsp Camu Camu powder, Mangosteen Powder, Açaí Powder or Maqui Berry Powder. These can be added to juices at any time during the cleanse.
• Morning Green Power Drink: 16oz fresh-pressed green juice with 1 tablespoon of either Chlorella Powder, Spirulina Powder or Barley Grass Juice Powder. Mix in optional protein powder.
• Make 1 gallon of fresh green juice to drink throughout the rest of the day.
Our standard Juice Blend:
• Small amount of green apple or carrot (this is to keep the sugar very low - don't add these ingredients every time)
We stay away from the spinach, kale, cabbage, since it seems like there is evidence that they can disrupt thyroid function if eaten raw.
Also, we'll drink the green drink at room temperature. Cold drinks can be hard on the body in the winter.
We use the Hurom Slow Juicer. It is slower than centrifugal juicers but it produces a truly low-temperature juice with high-yield.
If you end up doing something like this please share your experiences and progress.
Happy Healthy 2012 to all of you!
Essential Living Foods CEO
p.s. Our cleanse was inspired by watching these films recently:
Fat Sick and Nearly Dead:
The Gerson Miracle:http://www.hulu.com/watch/180363/the-gerson-miracle