RAW LEMON BERRY CHEESECAKE!
- Spring Form Pan (very small, or use the original recipe for a regular sized pan)
- Food processor
- 2 cups chopped cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey (for vegan use light agave)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut butter* (dried unsweetened coconut liquified in the food processor)
- .5 teaspoon vanilla (I use raw organic, alcohol free)
- dash of himalayan salt (optional)
- dash of lemon extract (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp coconut butter (dried unsweetened coconut liquified in the food processor)
- agave to taste, about 2 tbsp (I like it tart)
- dash of himalayan salt
- lemon extract (optional)
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon zest
- To make the crust, process the macadamia nuts and dates in the food processor. Sprinkle dried coconut onto the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch springform pan (found in Target). Press crust onto the coconut. This will prevent it from sticking.
- To make the cheese, blend the cashews, lemon, honey/agave, room temperature coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt and lemon extract (if using). Blend until smooth and adjust to taste. Pour the mixture onto the crust. Remove air bubbles by tapping the pan on a table. Place in the freezer until firm. Remove the whole cake from the pan while frozen and place on a serving platter. Defrost in the refrigerator.
- To make the lemon curd, first use a zester and reserve the lemon zest from the lemon to sprinkle on top of the cake later. Combine lemon, coconut butter, agave, salt, lemon extract in the food processor. It’s difficult to get it to come out completely smoothly, but it’s tart and delicious! Spread over the top of the cake.
- Top with fresh raspberries and lemon zest.