There is no strict recipe to this salad - I'm giving you a general guideline, but feel free to adjust it according to your taste and what is available. A mandolin with different attachments that can shred produce into small cubes and thin sticks is very useful for making the salad.
- 1 head of Romain lettuce (or other green leafy vegetables) - chopped finely
- 1 large apple, such as Fuji or Gala - cored and shredded on the large-holed side of a box grater
- 1-2 carrots - peeled and finely shredded
- 1-2 small cucumbers - peeled, optionally seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 pear - cored, finely chopped
- 2 ripe kiwi - peeled and chopped
- handful of strawberries - finely chopped
- handful of radishes - finely chopped
- 1 ripe mango - peeled, pitted and finely chopped
raw: parsley, dill, basil, mint, radicchio, celery, salad turnips, rutabaga, celery root, blueberries, starfruit; blanched: peas, green beans, edamame
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently. Serve immediately. The salad can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 days.
Photos & Recipe by Golubka!