- 3 pouches Optimum Power® Cinnamon Blueberry Flaxseed Hot Oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, plus 2 tsp. additional for preparing pan
- 2 Bananas
- 2½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Essential Living Foods Sea Salt
- ¼ cup tofu
- 1⅓ cup Vanilla Yogurt
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil, plus more for greasing pan
- ½ cup Essential Living Foods Hemp Seeds
- ⅓ cup Essential Living Foods Organic Goji Berries
- 2 tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- Set rack in center and preheat oven to 375F. Brush oil on 9-inch square pan and dust with flour.
- In large bowl, combine instant oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl blend tofu, bananas, yogurt and oil.
- Reserve 2 tbs. hemp seeds and add remainder to dry ingredients, along with liquid and goji berries. Mix just until flour is absorbed; do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth off top and scatter on reserved sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Very gently press them into batter.
- Bake 9 minutes. Rotate pan. Continue baking until edges are golden and begin to pull away from sides of pan, and cake tester inserted into center comes out dry, 7 to 8 minutes longer.
- Set pan on rack to cool. Cut in half, then cut each half into 4 or 5 bars. Store in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Goji Berries - one of the most nutritionally rich fruits on the planet.
- Packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and antioxidants.
- Taste like combination of cranberries and cherries.
- Considered complete source of protein.
- A single goji berry can contain up to 21 trace minerals including zinc, iron, copper, calcium and 18 different amino acids.
- Flaxseed - great source of fiber.
- Hemp seeds - Hemp is considered one of the world's most nutritious plants.
- Hemp seeds contain all of the essential amino acids making them an ideal source of protein.
- The essential fatty acids are abundant in hemp seeds and come in a ratio that is highly beneficial to humans.
- Good source of magnesium, iron, and potassium, and fiber.
- Antioxidant comes from its vitamin E content.
Get more nutritional and dietary information from Ashley Koff at: www.ashleykoffapproved.com.