Recipe From "Beauty Detox Foods" by Kimberly Snyder
INGREDIENTS: 3 Servings
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash, Cubed
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tbs Dried Rosemary Crushed
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Soaked overnight and rinsed well
- 2 Cups low- sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 TBS Lime Juice
- 2 1/2 TBS Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1 TSP Finely minced purple cabbage
- 1 Large or 2 Small Avocados
- Several Handful of Micro-greens or clover sprouts to top.
- Preheat the oven to 375% F and greases a baking sheet with coconut oil. Toss the cubed squash with the coconut oil, rosemary, sea salt, and black pepper, if desired. Bake for 20 min , then stir and bake for another 20 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the vegetable broth for about 12 min, or until soft and fluffy. Add to a mixing bowl and mix in the lime juice, parsley, basil and cabbage. Season with a bit of sea salt and pepper, to your taste. Set Aside.
- Assemble the timbales. Take an 8-ounce ramekin, and grease lightly with coconut oil. Use one-third of the squash and pack in gently. Next add one-third of the diced avocado, and then push one-third of the quinoa mixture down into them. Press down again.
- Gently flip the ramekin upside down onto a plate. Repeat the drill three times. Top each ramekin mixture with a generous portion of mircogreens or clover sprouts, arrange in a beautiful way!