- 2 cups desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 ripe banana (the riper, the better), chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons raw honey (according to taste)-use coconut nectar if you want it to be vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used a Heilala vanilla paste that was sent to me)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whole fresh or frozen raspberries, in pieces
1. Place the coconut in a food processor. I have a regular food processor and it took quite a while. You will want to get to a coconut butter stage-those very new food processors get there is about five minutes but a regular one will get there in ten minutes with some water added to help it along. Just be sure to stop after two minutes each time to stop burning out your motor.
2. Once you get to a nut buttery stage (mine still had bits of coconut in it), then add the banana, honey, vanilla and cinnamon and pulse until blended. Remove the blade and stir in the raspberries.
3. Line a plastic takeaway container with cling wrap and spoon the mix into the lined container. Freeze for about 10 minutes or you can leave frozen,cut into pieces and then thaw out for about 20 minutes.