Orange and Cilantro Slaw
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil or other mild tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a large cabbage shredded
- 2 cups kale leave thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, cored, cut into thin strips
- 6 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1. For dressing: In a mason jar with a lid, mix together orange juice, oil, vinegar, mirn and sesame
oil. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Place lid tightly on jar and shake well to blend.
Taste for seasonings. Set aside.
2. For salad:
3. Thinly slice cabbage (I used my food processor with a largest grater attachment, but it could be
thinly sliced with a knife). For the Kale, stack the leaves on top of each other, roll into a
cigarette shape, then thinly slice crosswise.
4. Toss all remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds, together in a large bowl- cabbage, kale,
corn, carrots, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro.
5. About fifteen minutes before serving toss salad with dressing and sesame seeds.
Dressing and salad can be prepared ahead of time. Toss together just before serving with sesame
seeds. Salad is best when fresh, although will keep for a day or two once tossed with dressing -
however, it loses some of its crunch.
Photograph & Recipe By: http://infinebalance.com/