Recipe by Heather @ http://www.glutenfreecat.com
- 1 c. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 c. whole flaxseed
- 2 c. carrot pulp (carrot/apple pulp makes the bread sweeter)
- 1/2 c. pumpin seeds
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 c. water
1. Place all ingredients except for water in a large bowl and mix.
2. Slowly add up to 1 1/2 cups of water until the mixture becomes batter-like.
3. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes so the flaxseeds begin to gel.
4. Divide mixture between 2 teflex-lined dehydrator sheets. Spread into a large square with the back of a spatula.
5. Dehydrate at 115 for 4 hours. Then flip the bread over onto the mesh tray and carefully peel away the teflex sheet.
6. Score the bread with a knife, creating 9 pieces of bread on each tray.
7. Dehydrate for 2-4 more hours until the bread is dry, yet pliable.
8. Divide into 18 bread pieces. Cool and store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
Yields 18 slices of bread
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 T tahini
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 T water
- 3-4 sun dried tomatoes
1. Drain garbanzo beans and rinse well.
2. Place garlic cloves in the food processor and process until finely chopped.
3. Add drained garbanzo and all remaining ingredients. Process until the mixture is very smooth except for the small chunks of sun dried tomatoes.
4. Spoon into a bowl and garnish with sun dried tomato slivers.
Serve hummus with gluten-free crackers, sliced cucumbers, carrot and celery sticks, or spicy radishes. It also tastes great in place of mayo in a sandwich or wrap.
Makes 2 1/2 cups