These cupcakes are Paleo, Gluten free and Vegan Friendly. Delicious and Nutritious!
What more do you need?
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 Tbs. chia seeds in ¾ c water (Chia Egg replacement)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut shreds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup water
- ¼ c soaked irish moss
- 2 Tbsp coconut Nectar
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grind the chia seeds into a meal in a blender or spice grinder
- Combine Chia and water.Mix with a fork or whisk so there are no lumps, let sit for 10 min or until it takes on raw egg texture
- Combine the coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chia eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice and sweetener,
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
- Line a muffin tin with 7 cupcake liners
- Fill cupcake liners evenly with the batter and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool before filling with cream and topping with the icing.
- Once cool, cut a small whole in the middle of each cupcake, reserving the lid/top of the hole that was cut out.
- Fill with cream (directions below) and place the lid/top back on the cupcake to cover the hole.
- Pipe chocolate frosting (directions below) onto each cupcake and serve.
For the cream filling
- Rinse 1/4 cup Irish Moss, then pour water over cover with 2 additional inches (let soak 4hours)
- Soak the coconut shreds and hemp seeds in the water for 2 hours,
- Blend until smooth in your blender
- Remove your soaked Irish moss from the water (it should've expanded 3x) and add with your vanilla and coconut nectar.
- Blend until totally smooth with no lumps.
- Pipe the cream into the hole cut out of the cupcake.
For the chocolate frosting
- Place the meat of the avocados in a mixer and mix until completely smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and sweetener and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the coconut oil and mix to combine