Grab a handful of intelligent indulgence!
Sweet, chewy goji berries smothered in decadent dark chocolate...DeeLish!
Our organic gojis are loaded with satisfying protein and cell-protecting antioxidants. With a thin layer of pure dairy-free dark chocolate, you get even more antioxidant power, plus naturally mood-brightening phytochemicals.
Let the snacking begin!
Try out Chocolate-Covered Cacao Nibs (only $2.99) for an equally delightful treat!
Ingredients: Organic Goji Berries, Organic Pacari chocolate (organic cacao paste, organic cacao butter, organic dehydrated cane juice).
About Goji Berries
Goji Berries have been used in traditional Asian medicine for over 5,000 years! You can find mentions of this extraordinary berry in Chinese medical texts as much as 5,000 years old. Our Goji Berries come from a pristine, certified organic region in the Ningxia province of China. This is the same amazing place where they hold a festival each year to celebrate the Goji Berry and its amazing health benefits.
Ancient Chinese medical texts praised Goji Berries as tonic support for the eyes, liver, and kidneys. More than anything, they are believe to increase the “chi” or life energy in those that eat them. An early medical work, Shen Nung Ben Tsao (475-221 B.C.), observed Goji Berry benefits ranging from replenishing vital essences to strengthening and restoring major organs. The physician’s handbook, Ben Cao Gang Mu, recorded during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644 A.D.) writes, “taking in Chinese Wolfberry/Goji Berry regularly may regulate the flow of vital energy and strengthen the physique, which can lead to longevity.”
To the people of the Ninxia province, a bowl of fresh organic Goji Berries is the best way to begin the day. It is one of nature’s most complete foods. On a nutritional level, Goji Berries are unmatched by any other food. They are loaded with 18 kinds of amino acids (six times higher than bee pollen) and contain all 8 essential amino acids (such as isoleucine and tryptophan). Plus, Goji berries contain up to 21 trace minerals (the most powerful ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus)! Goji berries are the richest source of carotenoids, including beta-carotene (more beta carotene than carrots), of all known foods or plants on earth! They contain 500 times the amount of vitamin C, by weight, than oranges making them second only to camu camu berries as the richest vitamin C source on earth. Goji berries also contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E. The legendary Li Qing Yuen, who is believed to have lived to the age of 252 years (1678-1930), consumed Goji berries daily. The life of Li Qing Yuen is one of the most well-documented cases of longevity in history. These Goji Berries are harvested with exceptional care, dried in the sun, and then carefully selected and graded for maximum taste and nutrient potency.
Essential Living Foods' Organic Goji Berries
During harvest season in the late summer, the Goji Berries are hand-picked, shaken onto mats, washed, inspected and naturally shade-dried. They are then inspected again before packaging and tested for purity—hence, we can guarantee they will be free of any chemical pesticides, sulfur or heavy metals.
Visit the Source of our Great Gojis!
- Goji Berries are loaded with 18 kinds of amino acids (six times higher than bee pollen).
- They contain ALL 8 essential amino acids and up to 21 trace minerals (the main ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus).
- Goji berries are also abundant in polysaccharides, compounds that may help fortify the immune system. A polysaccharide found in this fruit has been found to be a powerful secretagogue (a substance that can stimulate the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone by the pituitary gland).
- Goji berries are also one of the richest source of carotenoids, including beta-carotene (more beta carotene than carrots), of all known foods or plants.
- They contain 500 times the amount of vitamin C, by weight, than oranges, making them second only to Camu Camu berries as the richest vitamin C sou rce on earth.
- In China, the Goji is believed to increase the “chi” or life energy in those that eat them. In the Ningxia Province, where our Gojis come from, one village of 4,000 residents has six people over the age of 100. Nationally, only six centenarians would be expected in every one million people.