We supply these amazing olives in the following varieties:
Organic Dehydrated Botija Olives (plain, herbed and spicy)
Organic Green Botija Olives in Brine (plain and spicy)
Organic Black Botija Olives in Brine
Why These Olives are Unlike Any Other
What’s the difference? Our olives are pure, living fruits—rich, juicy, smooth and tangy, cultivated with loving care by a husband and wife who are passionate about perfecting this exquisite food. How do they do it?
Nestled among groves of pomegranate and citrus, this unusual strain of Botija trees is the hardiest we’ve ever seen, and it produces a large, plum-like olive with a robust flavor and meaty texture.
The ProcessingWhenever they are harvested, every olive is manually harvested, then prepared using healthy lacto-fermentation (instead of the fast, cheap vinegar or lye preparation commonly used today). Finally, they’re bottled in pure spring water with the finest Peruvian sea salt, with optional organic herbs and spices, like bay and thyme.
Our dehydrated olives are allowed to ripen on the tree, manually harvested, and then dried for 5-7 days. They are then low-temperature washed and prepared using healthy lacto-fermentation (instead of the fast, cheap vinegar or lye preparation commonly used today). The herbed varieties are marinated in a bath of our own cold-pressed olive oil and locally-grown herbs and aji. Finally, they’re bagged for easy-to-handle shipping and shopping.
Go Straight to the Source!
Olives for Health
You hear a lot of talk these days about ‘superfoods’, but few have as much claim to that title as the super-nutritious olive. Olives are one of the moist nutrient-dense foods, and their effects are nothing short of miraculous:
- Protects blood vessels, cuts arterial plaque and lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol while raising HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Olive-oil diets halve heart-attack risk!
- Protects against ulcers and gastritis, and promotes ulcer healing
- Cuts colon cancer risk
- Oleic acid in olives cuts breast cancer risk and fights aggressive tumor growth
- Rich in calcium and antioxidants
- Polyphenols fight osteoporosis!
- Lacto-Fermentation creates natural pro-biotics to aid in digestive health and immune balance.