This raw cacao energy bars recipe is designed to optimize your athletic function with a healthy blend of complex carbohydrates, protein, fats and sugars. These nutrients come from the base blend of nuts, flax and dates, which are combined in a ratio designed to provide long-lasting energy and satiation. The addition of CocoMojo powder, an organic raw cacao and guarana-based superfood blend, provides a potent source of antioxidants and muscle-fueling nutrients, as well as a sustainable energy boost.
- 1/4 C Coco Gogo Energy Elixir
- 2 T Whole Flax Seed
- 1 C Organic Raw Cashews
- 1/3 Cup Organic Raw Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Organic Pitted Dates
- 1 T Pure Yacon Syrup
- 1 T Pure Coconut Oil
- Place the Coco Gogo, flax seeds and cashews in a food processor. Process or pulse until the flax and cashews are finely chopped; the mixture should have a coarse crumbly texture.
- Add the almonds and dates. Process until dates and almonds are finely chopped and the mixture begins to pull together.
- Add the yacon syrup and coconut oil and process until just combined. The mixture should pull together into a ball and/or hold together when pressed between the palms.
- Line a small cookie sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the mixture in the parchment-lined dish and use clean hands or a flat spatula to press it firmly and evenly into a 3/4 to 1-inch thick patty. Cut into 1 to 2 –inch pieces (or as otherwise desired).
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to 7 days until ready to eat. If desired, wrap each piece individually for easy packing. These bars make great lunchbox treats or on-the-trail snacks.