These pure Spiced Date Energy Bites are great fuel for hectic days and long adventures. Without the dramatic spike in blood sugar that other sweeteners tend to do, these pure yacon-sweetened treats leave us feeling satisfied and energized.
- 1/2 C Dates, pits removed
- 1/3 C pure Organic Yacon Syrup
- 1/2 C Raw Almonds
- 1/4 C Sesame Seeds
- 1 T Chia Seeds
- 1/2 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 inch Knob of Fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 t Dried Ground Turmeric
- 1 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1 T Coconut Oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the consistency of the mixture is even and the ingredients are finely chopped. You may have to stop and scrape the ingredients from the sides of the food processor a few times during this process. The mixture should resemble a thick and sticky dough, with only small chunks of the nuts and seeds visible.
- Using clean hands, scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture from the food processor and roll it between the palms to create a small rounded ball.
- Set on parchment paper or on a clean cookie sheet while you repeat this process with the remaining ingredients. Chill for 20 minutes or more. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.