Pasta salad is a classic staple of summer picnics and BBQs – a sturdy, packable and feast-able dish for many occasions. This recipe is a healthy twist on classic pesto pasta, served over a healthy portion of veggies in place of refined white flour pasta.
- 2 large Organic Zucchini, washed
- 3 C Kelp Noodles, rinsed and chopped (quinoa or brown rice spaghetti also works)
- 1 C Organic Cherry Tomatoes (sundried tomatoes will also work), chopped in halves or quarters
- 1/4 C chopped Botija Olives
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Raw Garlic
- 1 T Lemon Zest
- 2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 C Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 C Fresh Basil, washed
- 1/4 t Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 T Water (if needed to thin the dressing)
- Shave the zucchini into thin, pasta-like ribbons (use a mandoline or vegetable peeler).
- In a bowl, toss the zucchini ribbons with the kelp noodles, tomatoes and olive pieces.
- In a blender, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon, hemp seeds, basil, sea salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin the mixture if needed.
- Pour the pesto dressing over the zucchini and kelp noodles and toss to evenly coat.
- If desired, garnish with additional hemp seeds and chopped fresh basil.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.