This creamy, delicious, nutritious superfood recipe for homemade nut butter is a perfect example of Intelligent Indulgence, providing healthy fats and complete protein with no added sugars — all to provide long-lasting sustainable energy to fuel your active lifestyle!
- Soak almonds at room temperature for 12 – 24 hours, changing the water every 6 – 8 hours.
Roasting (Optional Step):
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lay almonds and cashews out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast nuts for 15 minutes, or until fragrant and golden-brown, stirring a couple of times.
Nut Butter Blending:
- Place almonds and cashews into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the nuts break down into a smooth butter, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the sea salt, and process until incorporated.
- Stir in chia seeds and cacao nibs with a rubber spatula and scrape it into an airtight container.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy! Add to celery sticks, sandwiches, hors d’oeuvres, smoothies, ice cream and more!