Even though Halloween is just around the corner, we can’t help but think ahead to all the yummy dishes we will be making for Thanksgiving. If you have any gluten free or vegan guests in attendance, they will forever thank you for having this dish on the table, alongside the mashed potatoes, breads, meats and cheeses. I even plan on making this for my family who has no dietary restraints because it is THAT good. With a touch of sweetness from the coconut nectar and apples, it makes for the perfect fall entrée!
- 1 C dry Quinoa
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2 large Apples (any kind), cut into thin wedges
- 1 Lemon, squeezed
- ¼ C Coconut Nectar Sweetener
- 2 T melted Coconut Oil
- 2 t Cinnamon
- 1 C Brazil Nuts, chopped
- ½ C Dried Cranberries
- Fresh Thyme for Garnish
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Olive Oil
- Combine dry quinoa and 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Bring water to a boil and let simmer until the water is absorbed.
- Cut sweet potatoes to small dice size. Place sweet potatoes in a large Ziploc bag. Add a dash of Himalayan salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and a splash of olive oil to the bag. Shake bag until seasonings and olive oil are distributed well throughout.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place sweet potatoes in oven for 20 minutes.
- Place sliced apples, coconut oil, coconut nectar, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in large saucepan on stove. Stir ingredients together for a few minutes.
- Add quinoa and sweet potatoes to mix. Fold in Brazil Nuts.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, thyme and dried cranberries.