This recipe is a great alternative to oatmeal, eggs, smoothies or whatever your routine breakfast may be! High in protein and low in sugar, this powerhouse nutrient heavy grain is known to many as a superfood. Top it off with a sweet touch from our berries, trail mixes and coconut nectar!
- 2 C Almond Milk
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 1 t Cinnamon
- ½ t Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 C Quinoa
- Coconut Nectar for topping
- Goji Berries and Machu Picchu Mix for topping
- Place saucepan over medium heat and add in the almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and add quinoa.
- Once the quinoa has been added, reduce the saucepan to low heat.
- Simmer until the quinoa absorbs the milk. Set aside to let cool.
- Sprinkle with berries and trail mix. Add a splash of coconut nectar.